BC Hose Quick Disconnect Adapter
Hose routing for sidemount diving is made even easier with the BC Hose Quick Disconnect Adapter. If the power inflator on your sidemount rig doesn't sit flat against your chest or is difficult to manage because your low pressure inflator hose is routed from underneath, this adapter is the solution. When used in combination with a short low pressure inflator hose routed from the first stage of the left side cylinder, the low pressure inflator hose running to the power inflator is easily attached, allowing for a streamlined, over the shoulder routing of the inflator hose. The over the shoulder configuration makes the power inflator lie flat on the diver's chest and becomes easier to manage. The quick disconnect fitting makes connecting and disconnecting the low pressure inflator hose just as easy as it would be if it was on the power inflator.
- 3/8" Female fitting to LPI nipple
- Chrome plated brass construction
- 1.5" x 5/8" (3.8cm x 1.6cm)
- 0.6 oz (17 g)
- Low pressure inflator hose lengths used in this configuration will vary by individual diver preference. Configurations used by Dive Rite staff have a 15" LPI hose coming from the first stage, and a 27" LPI routed from the quick disconnect adapter to the power inflator.
- When using this configuration for sidemount, the low pressure inflator hose running to the power inflator will be attached before the diver clips into their cylinders. Adding a small bolt snap using a hose clip retainer to the inflator hose close to the adapter will provide a way to secure the hose to the ring bungee. This will make finding the hose easy for the diver, even if the hose cannot be seen.
- Use bungee to secure the LPI hose, connected to power inflator, to the corrugated inflator hose.
- Check out Lamar's video on Dive Rite TV for full
- details on hose routing using the BC hose quick disconnect adapter.